Quick + Cozy Chicken SoupJump to Recipe
Paleo+ Gluten Free
My quick and cozy chicken soup is not only nourishing but so cozy, especially on a rainy day like today. It’s fresh, packed with all kinds of nutrients (thanks to every single ingredient) AND it tastes like home. Enjoy with a thick slice of sour dough and you have yourself the perfect, cozy meal. Gut friendly, immune boosting and SO TASTY.
Why is this recipe so good for you?
The nutritional benefits of this soup include protein, fiber, potassium, iron and a boat load of antioxidants. It’s the perfect recipe to help kick the common cold and boost your immune system. Also, thanks to all the bone broth and veggies there’s a bunch of prebiotic and probiotics making it a favorable recipe for you gut.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- olive oil
- bone broth
- chicken breast
- sweet onion
- baby bella mushrooms
- lemon juice
- sea salt
- bay leaf
- fresh Italian parsley
Paleo and gluten free. Enjoy in less than 30 minutes along with some fresh sour dough bread (if you follow me on Instagram you know I’ve been experimenting with sour dough- which is both humbling and fun). The flavors from one bowl alone take me back to my childhood. Which makes me even more inclined to share it with you. My family and I use to always joke that whoever found the bay leaf in their bowl of chicken soup would have good luck. So, please let me know who the lucky winner is in your family. I love seeing recreations of recipes I hold dear to my heart.
How to make?
This recipe is simple and to the point. You can make and enjoy in 30 minutes or less. Simply start by cooking your chicken breast on stove top. While chicken is cooking, wash, rinse and cut up your vegetables. Once chicken is fully cooked, use two forks to shred and set aside. Add all your cut veggies to a large pot with some olive oil and cook until soft/ tender. Add your chicken, chicken broth, lemon juice, salt, pepper and bay leaf and cook for just a while longer. Enjoy with a large, thick slice of sour dough bread or whole wheat crackers.
Quick + Cozy Chicken Soup
- stove top burner
- rubber spatula
- cutting board
for the chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 large organic chicken breast cooked + shredded
for the soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 ½ cups chicken bone broth
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley
- In a small skillet, add a half teaspoon of olive oil and chicken breast. Cover and cook on low for 5 minutes. Add in ¼ cup of broth (any kind will do), flip and let cook for another 5 minutes. Once white all the way through, remove from pan and shred with two forks. Set aside.
- In a medium sized sauce pan add in 1 teaspoon of olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook on medium/low heat for 2 minutes. Add in carrots, celery and mushrooms. Cover and let cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once all veggies are tender, add in broth, lemon juice, salt + pepper and bay leaf. Bring soup to a boil, cover and turn down to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Dip soup out with a ladle and top with fresh parsley. Refrigerate and store in an airtight container for up to a week. This soup can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Did you make this quick + nourishing recipe?
Please tag @staysweetwellness , follow me on instagram and #staysweetwellness.
I love seeing your recreations of my fun + wholesome recipes!
Until next time,